Monday, October 24, 2011

Updates

Nine months ago my second child was born.  Four months ago my mom passed away.  And in 12 days I am moving my family into the house I grew up in.  I have never had so much change in my life in so little time.  Change is good, but sometimes too much change makes you feel lost.  I am finally finding my way through this tangle of emotions.
In a year that I feel like I have cried more, matured, and apologized for my craziness but I am waking as a stronger, better woman. 
I have made commitments and stuck to them. I have found new passions.  I have found new friends, loved more, laughed harder and felt the compassion of true friends. And I like to straighten my naturally curly hair. 

We are going through the short sale process.  It's a bit like a Brazilian wax done very, very slowly. It leaves you feeling vulnerable, it's painful and embarrassing.  And in the end...you're left with nothing. (Note: I've never had a brazilian wax...but I can only imagine)

I guess I have learned more about life in 2011 than I have in the last few years.
When you are on your knees defeated and feeling alone, God will be there, even if you have forsaken Him. 
False friends will show their true colors and true friends will always be there.
Remember to leave a legacy.

Time for bed....tomorrow always comes early.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Glad you're back- I missed you :) I loved your analogy- it makes perfect sense.

    ReplyDelete